Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dover Beach

WOW!! I dont know what it is about poems, but i can not stand them! I mean I enjoy reading them if they sound good and rhyme, but other than that I have the hardest time trying to understand what they mean. Even when I was back in middle school and we would have to analyze a poem and figure out what it meant, I could never get it by myself. I always needed help to understand. I don't know if its the way poems are layed out on paper, or if its how the works all go together, but it is so hard to me to understand what the poem means, or is trying to say to the reader.
Dover beach was confusing to me. I mean I could read all the words but couldn't understand how to analyze it. When I read the Dover "Bitch" I was terribly confused and didn't understand how Anthony Hecht could get all that information out of that one poem. All i really got out of that poem was that the sea use to be calm and peacefull and leter in the peom it brings in sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment